U.S. Congressman Paul Gosar
Paul A. Gosar, D.D.S., is serving his sixth term in Congress as the Representative from Arizona’s Fourth Congressional District. First elected in 2010, he came to Congress with no prior political experience. Paul believes that the Constitution is the cornerstone of our Republic, and always pursues policies that allow for more individual liberty and less government involvement.
Dr. Gosar is focused on bringing jobs back to the district, fighting illegal immigration and securing the border, challenging the status quo and holding Washington bureaucrats accountable, cutting wasteful government spending, and ensuring that he is representing the interests of his constituents.
He has focused his legislative work on natural resources issues and government accountability. Both areas stem from his work on the House Committee on Natural Resources and the House Committee on Oversight and Reform. Dr. Gosar is the Republican Leader of the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations and a member of the Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources.
Additionally, Dr. Gosar was elected to serve as Chairman of the Congressional Western Caucus for both the 115th and 116th Congresses. Click HERE to learn more about Dr. Gosar's work with the Congressional Western Caucus.
Dr. Gosar has managed to be extremely effective in a time of gridlock when few other bills were enacted. Rep. Gosar has introduced 16 bills that passed Congress, 24 other legislative initiatives became law and 84 amendments passed the House of Representatives. Rep. Gosar was recognized in 2012 as one of the hardest working and most effective new members of Congress. Rep. Gosar raised the bar even higher during his second term with six bills signed into law by the president, 12 other legislative efforts becoming law, and 24 of his amendments passing the House. As a result of this legislative success, Dr. Gosar was the most effective member of the 113th Congress. One of these legislative victories was the most important bill that passed Congress during this time-frame, facilitating a land exchange that will allow for the creation of 3,700 new jobs and generate $60 billion for Arizona's economy.
Before being elected to Congress in 2010, Dr. Gosar owned his own dental practice and was a small businessman in Flagstaff for 25 years.
Whether Dr. Gosar is in Washington fighting for his constituents, or back home working to find solutions to the problems facing the people of Arizona’s Fourth Congressional District, he remains committed to ushering in a new era of government that empowers individuals and reforms bureaucratic procedures that are stifling job creation.
CURRENT RATINGS (as of 3/15/21):
• 93% rating with the American Conservative Union
• 100% rating with American Energy Alliance
• 100% rating with American Family Association
• 100% rating with the American Security Council
• 100% rating with Americans for Prosperity
• 100% rating with Associated Builders and Contractors
• 100% rating with the Campaign for Working Families
• 100% rating with the Center for Security Policy
• 100% rating with the Christian Coalition of America
• 99% rating and Considered a Taxpayer Hero by Citizens Against Government Waste
• 100% rating with the Competitive Enterprise Institute
• 100% rating with the Concerned Women for America
• 100% rating with Club for Growth
• 100% rating with Eagle Forum
• 100% rating with the Faith and Freedom
• 100% rating with the Family Policy Alliance
• 100% rating with the Family Research Council
• 100% rating with Federally Employed Women
• 100% rating with the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR)
• 94% rating with FreedomWorks
• 96% rating with Heritage Action
• 100% rating with the National Association of Manufacturers
• 100% rating with the National Federation of Independent Business
• 100% rating with the National Retail Federation
• 100% rating with the National Right to Life Committee
• 98% rating with the National Tax Limitation Committee
• 99% rating with the immigration enforcement group Numbers USA
• 100% rating with the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council
CAREER RATINGS (as of 10/27/19):
• Career “A+” grade with the immigration enforcement organization NumbersUSA
• Career 100% rating with the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR)
• Career “A” rating with the NRA
• Career 100% rating with National Right to Life
• Career 100% rating with Eagle Forum
• Career 96% rating with Conservative Review
• Career “A” rating with the American Conservative Union
• Career “A” rating with the Club for Growth
• Career “A” rating with Gun Owners of America who consider Paul a “pro-gun leader that introduces pro-gun legislation”
Family: Dr. Gosar and his wife Maude have three children.
Born: November 27, 1958 in Rock Springs, Wyoming
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from Creighton University, 1981; DDS from Creighton Boyne School of Dentistry, 1985
Political Affiliation: Republican
Committee Assignments: House Committee on Natural Resources, House Committee on Oversight and Reform
Congressman Gosar is gluten free.
The Congressman enjoys a good tweet or two.
The Congressman is one of 10 children, and is the oldest.
He has one granddaughter.
Congressman Gosar once pulled a tooth on the House Floor.
His favorite movie is …Breaker Morant.
Favorite Documentary: Hoaxed
His favorite book is ….anything by Dr. Suess and …Mark Levin.
One of his favorite songs is Blue on Black, by Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Alison Krauss.
Favorite Sports Team: Arizona Cardinals
His younger brother, Kevin, played for the University of Arizona football as a linebacker.
His daughter, Elle, married a dentist.
His wife, Maude, owns an antique shop.
The Congressman used to play rugby.