Sign up to receive email updates
Committees and Caucuses
Committees of the U.S. House of Representatives
Congressman Paul Gosar serves on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. This Committee has oversight over virtually everything the government does and is dedicated to exercise effective oversight over the federal government and will work proactively to investigate and expose waste, fraud, and abuse. Gosar is committed to finding the problems that exist and working with the American people to find commonsense solutions. Through his role on the committee, he will continue to work toward bringing better transparency to the federal government and opening up the dialogue between Capitol Hill and Arizonans. Within the Oversight Committee, Congressman Gosar serves on three subcommittees:
- The Vice Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Energy Policy, Health Care, and Entitlements has oversight over federal health care policy, food and drug safety, energy policy, solvency of federal entitlement programs.
- The Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Job Creation, and Regulatory Affairs has oversight jurisdiction regulatory affairs, impediments to economic growth and job creation, monetary policy, banking, infrastructure, and tax policy.
- Subcommittee on National Security has Oversight jurisdiction over national security, homeland security, foreign operations, immigration, emergency management, and criminal justice.
Congressman Paul Gosar also serves on the House Natural Resources Committee which considers legislation about American energy production, mineral lands and mining, fisheries and wildlife, public lands, oceans, Native Americans, irrigation and reclamation. Arizona’s Fourth Congressional District is rich in natural resources and will be an important avenue for Gosar to fight for the concerns of the district. Within the Resources Committee, Congressman Gosar serves on three subcommittees:
- The Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources oversees American energy production and mining on federal lands – both onshore and offshore.
- The Subcommittee on Water and Power is responsible for matters concerning America’s water resources, federal irrigation projects, generation of electric power from federal water projects and interstate water issues.
- The Subcommittee on Indian and Alaska Native Affairs oversees all matters regarding Native Americans, including the 565 federally recognized tribes and Alaska Native Corporations, and nearly 1.9 million American Indians.
In addition to his committee assignments, Congressman Paul Gosar is a member of a variety of Congressional Caucuses. A congressional caucus is a group of members of the Congress that meets to pursue common legislative objectives
- Constitution Caucus
- GOP Doctor's Caucus
- Rural Health Care Caucus
- Rural Veterans Caucus
- Congressional Pro-life Caucus
- Congressional Western Caucus
- Native American Caucus
- Immigration Reform Caucus
- Law Enforcement Caucus
- General Aviation Caucus
- Israel Allies Caucus
- Joint Strike Fighter Caucus
- Small Business Caucus
- Congressional Travel and Tourism Caucus
- Congressional Sportsman Caucus
- Specialty Crop Caucus
- Congressional Gaming Caucus