Sign up to receive email updates
Committees and Caucuses
Committees of the U.S. House of Representatives
Congressman Paul Gosar serves on two committees of the House of Representatives, the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and the House Natural Resources Committee.
The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has oversight over virtually everything the government does and is dedicated to exercising effective oversight over the federal government. It also works proactively to investigate and expose waste, fraud, and abuse in the federal government. Gosar is committed to finding problems in the government and working with the American people to find commonsense solutions. Through his role on the committee, he will continue to work toward bringing transparency to the federal government and opening up the dialogue between Capitol Hill and Arizonans. Within the Oversight Committee, Congressman Gosar serves on three subcommittees:
- The Subcommittee on the Interior has oversight jurisdiction over the Departments of Interior, Agriculture, and Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency.
- The Subcommittee on Information Technology has oversight jurisdiction over Federal information technology (IT), data standards and quality, cybersecurity, IT infrastructure and acquisition, emerging technologies, privacy, cloud computing, data centers and intellectual property.
Congressman Paul Gosar also serves on the House Natural Resources Committee, which considers legislation about American energy production, mineral lands and mining, fisheries and wildlife, public lands, oceans, Native Americans, irrigation and reclamation. Arizona’s Fourth Congressional District is rich in natural resources and this committee is an important avenue for Gosar to fight for the concerns of the district. Within the Resources Committee, Congressman Gosar serves on three subcommittees:
- The Subcommittee on Water, Power, and Oceans, of which Congressman Gosar is the Vice Chairman, is responsible for matters concerning America’s water resources, federal irrigation projects, generation of electric power from federal water projects and interstate water issues.
- The Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources oversees American energy production and mining on federal lands – both onshore and offshore.
- The Subcommittee on Indian, Insular, and Alaska Native Affairs oversees all matters regarding Native Americans, including the 565 federally recognized tribes, Alaska Native Corporations, all matters regarding insular areas of the United States, and nearly 1.9 million American Indians.
In addition to his committee assignments, Congressman Paul Gosar is a member of a variety of Congressional Caucuses, which are groups of members of Congress that meet to pursue common legislative objectives.
- Academic Medicine Caucus
- Coal Caucus
- Congressional Caucus on US-Turkish Relations
- Congressional Cement Caucus
- Congressional Constitution Caucus
- Congressional Fire Services Caucus
- Congressional Gaming Caucus
- Congressional Interstate 11 Caucus
- Congressional Pro-Life Caucus
- Congressional Rare Earths Caucus
- Congressional Rural Caucus
- Congressional Services Caucus
- Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
- Congressional Travel and Tourism Caucus
- Congressional Unmanned Systems Caucus
- Congressional Wire and Wire Products Caucus
- Defense Communities Caucus
- Energy Savings Performance Caucus
- General Aviation Caucus
- GOP Doctor's Caucus
- Health Care Caucus
- Immigration Reform Caucus
- Israel Allies Caucus
- Joint Strike Fighter Caucus
- Law Enforcement Caucus
- Military Mental Health Caucus
- Military Veterans Caucus
- National Guard and Reserve Components Caucus
- National Parks Caucus
- Native American Caucus
- Nuclear Issues Working Group
- Oral Health Caucus
- Range and Testing Center Caucus
- Real Estate Caucus
- Republican Israel Caucus
- Restaurant, Resort and Hospitality Caucus
- Rural Health Care Caucus
- Rural Veterans Caucus
- Small Business Caucus
- Specialty Crop Caucus
- U.S.-Mexico Friendship Caucus
- Veterans Jobs Caucus
- Western Caucus